World Orphan Drug Alliance(WODA) is a new global alliance of full-service regional distributors for orphan drugs. Medis has combined forces with four other companies – EffRx Pharmaceuticals, Orpharm, OrphanDC, and Vector Pharma – to reach rare disease patients in 68 countries on 4 continents.
WODA aims to provide comprehensive support to pharmaceutical & biotech companies with rare diseases, oncology and highly specialized therapeutics, starting from named patients programs through to full commercialization.
By bringing together experts for rare diseases, WODA has capabilities to provide all the services necessary for orphan medicines to reach patients in need, completely replacing local branches of global distributors or multinational companies. Under the alliance, partners have the opportunity to cover the entire WODA territory or to cherry-pick the territories they require.
In total, WODA covers 68 countries in the following regions:
- Central and Eastern Europe (Medis)
- Latin America (OrphanDC)
- Middle East, North Africa & Turkey (Vector Pharma)
- Russia & the CIS region (Orpharm)
- Switzerland (EffRx Pharmaceuticals)
WODA members provide full-service solutions, including market access, medical, early access, name patient programs, marketing, regulatory and pharmacovigilance, quality assurance, distribution, and warehousing.
WODA focuses on the markets that are complex and often overlooked by big pharmaceutical and biotech companies. However, WODA territories provide both, a pool of patients in need and potential funding opportunities for rare and specialized diseases. There are potentially more than 64 million rare disease patients in the WODA regions,
emphasized Martina Perharič, Medis CEO.
Leveraging our expertise and operational capabilities, we can create outstanding value for our partners.
More about WODA: woda-alliance.com
About Founding Partners:
- EffRx Pharmaceuticals is a Switzerland-based commercial-stage pharmaceutical company focused on late-stage development and commercialization of prescription medications for niche and orphan indications.
- Medis, based in Slovenia, is the commercialization partner of choice for innovative pharmaceutical and biotech companies seeking strong business growth in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Orpharm is a Moscow based full-service distributor covering Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
- OrphanDC is based in Sao Paolo, Brazil and acts as a partner for biotech companies in Latin America. They are focused on supporting their clients from the clinical development stage throughout the product lifecycle.
- Vector Pharma is a Dubai-based full-service distributor covering Middle East, North Africa and Turkey.