For the tenth consecutive year, the International Scientific Committee of the International Medis Awards for Medical Research will award outstanding scientific research achievements in medicine and pharmacy in Central and South-Eastern Europe.
We invite doctors and pharmacists who specialize in the following medical fields to participate:
- intensive care medicine and anaesthesiology
- pulmonology and allergology
- Impact Factor: You can participate in the contest with your scientific research work that you presented with an original article in an international scientific publication with an Impact Factor greater than 1.500 (Impact Factor – Journal Citation Reports database).
- Time frame: The research work must be published between 1 October 2022 and 31 October 2023.
- Countries: Researchers from Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia can participate.
You can read full application conditions HERE.
International Scientific Committee
The submitted scientific research works will be evaluated by an independent international scientific committee that will select nominees, finalists and winners for each research field. In the 2021–2024 mandate period, the Committee is chaired by Prof. Borut Štrukelj, MSc Pharm, PhD, from the Department of Pharmaceutical Biology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana. The Committee will select two finalists and one winner from each research field.
The winners will be announced at the official award ceremony in March 2024.
Winners will be awarded:
- Bodočnost (The Future), a bronze sculpture, and
- A financial grant of €2,500 gross for further research work.
Finalists will be awarded:
- International Medis Awards certificate of recognitionand
- A financial grant of €500 gross for further research work.
Application time: from 15 June to 2 November 2023
Submit your application in English via the online form HERE, where you will also find more detailed information on the terms of participation.
For more information please write to info(at)medis-awards.com.